Monday, July 23, 2012

shot me outta the sky.


If we could only have this life for one more day, 
if we could only turn back time,
You know I'll be your life, your voice, your reason to be
My love, my heart is breathing for this
Moment in time, I'll find the words to say
Before you leave me today.
-moments by One Direction

2 years ago today, one of the best things ever happened in my life. at the time, I didn't even know that this day would be significant. but today marks the 2 year anniversary of One Direction coming together as a group. and let me just say, I try not to get so obsessed over things like this. but 4 months ago, today, I first heard What Makes You Beautiful and I decided that I really liked that song. then I saw their faces, and, well, it shot me outta the sky. for those of you who didn't know, Niall Horan, Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, and Louis Tomlinson all auditioned for the X-Factor UK as solo artists. they didn't make the "boys" category, so Simon Cowell decided to put the 5 boys together as a group. from then, they have been heading in one direction- to fame, to success, to the top of the charts. Simon picked the right boys. not only do all 5 boys have incredible individual voices, but when they sing together, it shot me outta the sky. and they are all very inspirational and good people. and all 5 of them are extremely good looking. like, seriously! the way that they flip their hair leaves me overwhelmed. if you want to leave because of my annoying fangirling, you can leave now. but as you all know, I can't live without music. I have to listen to it everyday. and I have favorite artists, which change periodically. my favorite songs change every 5 minutes. but for the past 4 months, it's always been something by One Direction. all their songs are catchy, have good messages, and can actually sing. so, to celebrate today, we all watched A Year In The Making, played Phase 10 and listened to the whole Up All Night album on replay, had a little dance party, and kind of reflected on what my life has been like ever since I discovered them. and let me tell you, this has to have been my greatest discovery yet.

and for those of you again who are sick of my fangirling, I also found some other music obsessions. here's a few of my favorite songs that aren't by 1D.
Wings- Little Mix. another British group that came from the X-Factor. I guess I should move to England and watch X-Factor, because that's where all the good artists are coming from! this is a really cute song, and if you enjoy it, look up the acoustic version as well.
Ed Sheeran- also from England! he is just an incredible songwriter with an amazing voice to match. (he actually wrote "Moments" by One Direction.) these 2 songs, Drunk and Lego House are my favorites.
Cher Lloyd- Want U Back. I admit, this song bugged the crap out of me when I first heard it. but then it grew on me, and it's really catchy! she is super pretty, and she's also from England! in fact, she and One Direction were on the same X-Factor season!
We Cry- The Script. I've been a fan of The Script for a long time, but this is my favorite one of theirs, which isn't as popular as their other songs. and no, they are not from England, they are from Ireland!
Your Song- Ellie Goulding. this isn't originally by her (it's by Elton John), but I really like her version. I also like "Lights" by her, which you've probably heard. and yes, she is from England! I don't know what it is with me and British music. but I'm serious. my favorite artists- One Direction, Adele, Coldplay, The Beatles, Queen, Mumford & Sons, all those artists listed above (except for The Script, but they are Irish, and 1/5 of One Direction is Irish, which happens to be Niall Horan, whom also happens to be my favorite along with Liam, and I know I shouldn't pick favorites, but I kinda did, but I still love the other boys as well), are all British! well, I gotta go to bed and fangirl some more. enjoy the tunes.

2 comments:

  1. I love it Miriam! I had never heard of One Direction until one time I read about them on your blog and l listened to one of the songs you had posted. I totally loved it and loved when I heard them on the radio! You were my introduction to them. Thanks! So glad you had a fun day. And I had no idea that Ron Weasley, cause really, that's all I think of when I see him, was a musician. That was kinda fun! Oh, and I totally was obsessed with "floppy" hair when I was your age. That's what I called it. My best friend Akiko used to draw pictures of our dream guys-she was an awesome artist- and mine always had floppy hair. Ron had floppy hair when we met, but alas, no longer :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, floppy hair is the best! Wesley wants to grow some of his own, but Mom won't let him. And when I first heard of Ed Sheeran, I looked at him and thought instantly of Ron Weasley! And I'm so glad that I have given you the "One Direction Infection"! most of my friends like them, but a lot of them have only heard like 3 of their songs! and my whole family (apart from Justin) are getting just a little sick of me listening to them over and over again! But I haven't gotten the least bit tired of em :)

      Delete

Comments are nice. I like them.